Noni Gasa can only be described in one word: ICONIC. I truly cannot discuss the South African fashion business and have a platform like Istyleblaq without mentioning Noni Gasa. She has been at the forefront of putting South Africa’s fashion industry on the international map. Gasa presently works with young fashion design enthusiasts through her bursary project and her fashion school, Design Academy of Fashion (DAF).
The fashion icon has worked as an associate editor for Glamor magazine and as a features editor for Media 24, as well as giving fashion lectures. Noni has appeared on the covers of magazines such as Destiny, Joburg Style, and others. Her contribution to the South African fashion industry deserves recognition.
- Born and raised in Durban, KZN
- Completed a BA Journalism degree from the University of Johannesburg
- Masters in Luxury Business, which she did in Polimoda Institute in Italy
- MBA in Luxury Brand Management from IFA Paris, Shanghai, China
- Best Dressed TV Presenter for Sunday Times and Elle Magazine Style Awards (2005)
- Face of Africa (2005)
- Most Stylish TV Personality for SA Style and Best Dressed SA Personality Award (2008)
- Selected as a resident judge on the reality fashion program, Project Runway SA (2018).
6 thoughts on “Noni Gasa | People Shaping the African Fashion Industry”
Beautiful piece ?
Thank you Ayanda
I love this, it’s so beautiful, this is what we call black girl magic. Wow am truly inspired.
@Nobantu I am glad you inspired , thank you.
What a good read ?